Call us now 01986 873580
CREATING THE FINEST HAND CRAFTED CURTAINS, BLINDS AND SOFT FURNISHINGS
Welcome to Katharine Ellen Designs
Based in Halesworth, Suffolk we are providers of bespoke design and manufacture of beautiful soft furnishings including hand crafted curtains, blinds, loose covers and cushions, furniture upholstery and re-upholstery.
We are a highly skilled team working to the highest standards using traditional skills perfected over two decades of experience, and delivered to traditional values and very highest level of customer service we know to be so important.
Let the story begin and let’s create something beautiful…
We aim for our customers to feel valued, listened to, and given options so ultimately they feel able to call the final work as much part of their creation as ours.
It is our privilege to be given a customer’s initial dream and to make this reality, pulling on the fantastic relationships we have with some beautiful fabric design houses.
Our work takes us to stately homes with a brief to transform every room from top-to-bottom, to single room projects which just need to be loved once again, to commercial customers with a chain of venues all in need of inspiration and a fresh look. No job is too big or too small, the same quality planning, highly skilled workers and generations of experience will be at work taking the vision to reality.
We have the latest technology, generations of experience and the work resources to make your next project a huge success. No matter what the size, we have you covered.
HIGHLY SKILLED WORKERS
We only work with the best and that goes for our staff too. Our team has generations of industry specific experience allowing you to easily hire the best.
GENERATIONS OF EXPERIENCE
When you deal with a Cloth Works you know it’s in the blood. We have worked with fabric our whole lives and it shows.
- Katharine has been an absolute godsend for us. After a devastating house fire we had to replace all our soft furnishings - a project which would have been incredibly daunting without her help. She was endlessly patient with our slow decision-making and even though we weren't always sure ourselves, she somehow understood exactly what we wanted. Interior decor has always been well outside my comfort zone but Katharine has made it all so enjoyable and the immaculate, professional results speak for themselves. She also employs first-class fitters (when she isn't doing the fitting herself), all of whom have been a pleasure to have in the house. We're thrilled with absolutely everything she's done for us so far - and there's more in the pipeline. I couldn't recommend Katharine more highly.Catriona ChaseCookley, Suffolk
- These are beautiful curtains and blinds! Katharine has made all the curtains and blinds in my new house in Suffolk and in my flat in London. She is meticulously professional at every stage of the process, from discussing suitable fabric to the final installation. I have used several different makers in the past but now would NEVER use anyone else. The finish is immaculate. She has the highest standards; some of the fabric we ordered was faulty and she ensured we were sent replacements. I have found her to be incredibly helpful and pleasant - you can rely on her expertise!Elizabeth Burke TregearSpexhall
- I am thrilled with the recovering of pair of armchairs by Katharine Ellen Designs. Beautiful workmanship and good communication between Katharine and ourselves. I would recommend this service to anyone wanting a professional job.Ann WilliamsChediston, Suffolk
- Katharine has done a number of projects for me including upholstering headboards and a sofa as well as making roman blinds. Always a high standard of work, friendly service and good advice.Sharon CollinsHalesworth, Suffolk
- Fabulous place....amazing service, incredibly helpful. Great ideas and superb quality items. Always happy with my purchases and go back year after year. Katharine and her team always finish projects to the highest of standards. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.Charlotte SlaterHalesworth, Suffolk
- Katherine has worked with us on our home and on a large holiday house and we would heartily recommend her and her company. It’s easy to form a good working relationship with Katharine. She is good to talk to, sympathetic to your needs and has the knack of quickly understanding the styles you prefer. You’re kept up to date with progress and helped with adjustments after fitting. Cloth Works has a huge range of fabrics available and Katharine will always search out different products she thinks might interest you. Our curtains and Roman blinds are very attractive and beautifully made. Katharine is positive and creative. We thoroughly enjoyed working with her and are delighted with the results.Susan RobertsWesthall, Suffolk