1 Initial enquiry
Contact us by telephone or email, we’ll be delighted to hear from you!
2 Initial Consultation
These are offered free of charge and usually take place in our showroom at Halesworth. This appointment enables us to find out what you are looking for, what your preferences are in design, colour and often we find perfect ways to bring out your personality within our designs. We get a feel for the look you would like to achieve, discuss your ideal budget and as we pour over the fabric samples the excitement in starting the creation of something beautiful begins!
3 Second Consultation
Also free of charge but this takes place in your home, or at a commercial premises if a commercial enquiry. Following the first consultation, a great deal of thought, research and planning, we will bring our creative ideas, carefully selected fabric samples and costings to leave you feeling inspired and excited to move on to the next stage.
4 Detailed Quotation Provided
We like to be completely transparent with costs so you determine the final cost. We make sure pricing is made simple and clear so every customer understands all the fees and can decide if they would like to adjust up or down.
5 Third Consultation
These are not always required but occasionally they are helpful, and we are happy to offer them again free of charge if so. These can take place at the showroom or at your home and we can run through any changes and finalise design brief.
6 The Craftsmanship Begins
With a great deal of love and concentration the soft furnishings are created.
7 Quality Control
All the team are 100% committed to creating a stunning finished look and with regular inspections we make sure we never move on to the next stage before we are completely happy with the work so far.
8 Customer Feedback
Customers are invited to come in to the showroom at any stage to see the work in progress, but most prefer to wait for the ‘wow factor’ effect once the project is completed.
Time to put the reality of the dream in place, I (Katharine) make sure of this by personally hanging and dressing each and every curtain project and personally fitting all loose covers at a customer’s home; being a perfectionist I need to make sure our creation is ‘just right’ before I can move on to my next project. We use the same fitters we’ve had in place for many years, their 20 years experience alongside their passion and commitment to the end creation means they are as integral to the finished project as the skilled workmanship of the seamstress, the little finishing touches made at every stage, and the fabric itself.
A 2 Year Guarantee on all Katharine Ellen Designs workmanship is provided for each and every project, in addition a General Care Information Sheet is provided for customers to refer to to ensure they keep their products looking as fabulous as possible for as long as possible.
11 The Future
Which room will you want to re-design next!?!
- Katharine has done a number of projects for me including upholstering headboards and a sofa as well as making roman blinds. Always a high standard of work, friendly service and good advice.Sharon CollinsHalesworth, Suffolk
- I am thrilled with the recovering of pair of armchairs by Katharine Ellen Designs. Beautiful workmanship and good communication between Katharine and ourselves. I would recommend this service to anyone wanting a professional job.Ann WilliamsChediston, Suffolk
- Fabulous place....amazing service, incredibly helpful. Great ideas and superb quality items. Always happy with my purchases and go back year after year. Katharine and her team always finish projects to the highest of standards. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.Charlotte SlaterHalesworth, Suffolk
- Katherine has worked with us on our home and on a large holiday house and we would heartily recommend her and her company. It’s easy to form a good working relationship with Katharine. She is good to talk to, sympathetic to your needs and has the knack of quickly understanding the styles you prefer. You’re kept up to date with progress and helped with adjustments after fitting. Cloth Works has a huge range of fabrics available and Katharine will always search out different products she thinks might interest you. Our curtains and Roman blinds are very attractive and beautifully made. Katharine is positive and creative. We thoroughly enjoyed working with her and are delighted with the results.Susan RobertsWesthall, Suffolk
- Katharine has been an absolute godsend for us. After a devastating house fire we had to replace all our soft furnishings - a project which would have been incredibly daunting without her help. She was endlessly patient with our slow decision-making and even though we weren't always sure ourselves, she somehow understood exactly what we wanted. Interior decor has always been well outside my comfort zone but Katharine has made it all so enjoyable and the immaculate, professional results speak for themselves. She also employs first-class fitters (when she isn't doing the fitting herself), all of whom have been a pleasure to have in the house. We're thrilled with absolutely everything she's done for us so far - and there's more in the pipeline. I couldn't recommend Katharine more highly.Catriona ChaseCookley, Suffolk
- These are beautiful curtains and blinds! Katharine has made all the curtains and blinds in my new house in Suffolk and in my flat in London. She is meticulously professional at every stage of the process, from discussing suitable fabric to the final installation. I have used several different makers in the past but now would NEVER use anyone else. The finish is immaculate. She has the highest standards; some of the fabric we ordered was faulty and she ensured we were sent replacements. I have found her to be incredibly helpful and pleasant - you can rely on her expertise!Elizabeth Burke TregearSpexhall